Subject: Rotoscoping and the Flyer
From: [email-masked] (Bill Mills)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 94 11:46:57 PDT

All this rotoscoping discussion has brought up a question that has been
rolling around in the back of my mind.

In the info handed out at the NAB flyer debut, I recall some mention of 
the Flyer being used to grab frame sequences for use as LightWave surface
maps.  This will certainly open the floodgates for high end rendered digital
video transitions.  One of the things I am wondering about here is speed,
and the steps needed to do this.

Will future versions of LW (4.0 even?) support the VTASC data stream directly,
for both image import and rendered output, or will we need to run a converter
that changes the VTASC signal to bitmapped data and saves as a series of IFFs 
(and the opposite for output)?

I've noticed over the past few weeks, some people in the group griping that
the Flyer's price got boosted by $1K to $4,995.  $4,995 is the price I have
listed in the literature from the debut at NAB, what gives, did they announce
a price drop and then bring it back up to their original price?

Be seeing you...
-Bill Mills

[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 (=====)   Corinthian Media Services       Video
  | | |    (209)277-8150                   Multimedia
  | | |    2562 N. Dewey Ave.              Touch Screen Info Centers
  | | |    Fresno, CA 93722                Production/Consultation
  | | |
 (=====)   This is a guest account, CMS is not affiliated with CSUF